We all know that a college degree is a solid foundation for a career. But factor in amount of free time you have between all the other responsibilities, money available, and it becomes obvious that most of us need other educational options to up our game.
And college degree doesn’t have it to be the only option. And arguably it’s no longer the absolutely best cost-value. According to a great entrepreneur, marketing guru and a CEO of Vayner Media and VaynerSports, Gary Vaynerchuk, we are living in the best time ever, and one of its truths is that “formal education has never meant as little as it does today.”
We are not advising against a proper degree in a respectable college that has the best program in the field you chose, but we are here to offer you some great alternatives which are free and can boost your career right now, for free and on your own time.
We are talking about online platforms that aggregates courses from various universities and colleges globally. There are quite a few, but Coursera is the one that offers the most courses in sports field. Below is the most current list of disciplines you can check out:
- Sports and Society from Duke University
- Becoming a Sports Agent from Case Western Reserve University
- Sport Sponsorship from Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- International Entertainment and Sports Marketing from Yonsei University
- Doping : Sports, Organizations and Sciences from University of Lausanne
- The Science of Training Young Athletes from University of Florida
Another similar platform that focuses on Australian market is Open 2 Study, and they also offer a course one sports course:
- It’s free
- You choose your schedule
- You get to connect with others interested in the subject and get to forge some connections (most courses have forums)
- Great place to check if a particular niche of the sports biz seems interesting to you.
- Courses are a bit basic.
- Courses refer to the regulations valid for the country where the university is located.
- Courses rarely provide additional reading materials.
- Some courses production level is quite underwhelming.